The Vocational Rehabilitation division also provides educational and career guidance for adolescents and young adults ages 13-21 through our Transition Services.
To be eligible for Transition Services, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be age 13-21.
- Be enrolled in a South Carolina public, private, residential or home school.
- Have a central visual acuity of 20/200 in better eye with corrected lens, or a visual field of 20 degrees, or less. A student with visual disabilities that will result in legal blindness is also eligible.
- Have a visual impairment that results in a substantial impediment to employment and can benefit from vocational rehabilitation services in terms of employment.
- The student must require vocational rehabilitation services to prepare for, secure, retain, or regain employment.
The following services may be provided based on eligibility:
- Participation in Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Referrals to Other Agencies
- Counseling and Guidance
- Information on Eye Condition
- Low Vision Services and Aides
- Summer Teen Program
- College Information
- Eye Examination to Determine Eligibility
- Home Management/Independent Living Aides
- Technology Assistance
- Post-Secondary Education