Mission · Goal · Values
Our mission is to provide quality individualized vocational rehabilitation services, independent living services and prevention-of-blindness services to consumers who are blind and visually impaired leading to competitive employment and social and economic independence.
Our goal is to become a national model vocational rehabilitation agency for people who are blind and visually impaired, demonstrating quality services, accountability, innovation, effectiveness and efficiency.
Our values guide all of our decisions and efforts.
- We value the abilities, dignity and potential of people who are blind and visually impaired.
- We value compassionate, professional and committed staff.
- We value progressive, effective leadership.
- We value human, fiscal and informational resources.
- We value the support of the community, the General Assembly, the governor and the federal government.
- We value employer partners who are receptive to training and employing our consumers.
- We value collaboration with other training and community-based programs.